Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just Say "NO"


Well, after such a lousy day Tuesday and one that wasn't much better yesterday, I approached today with a new attitude. "Just say NO!" To no surprise, I am just like all you other superwomen out there, I try to do and take on much too much. And you know whats funny (well not literally funny)? The more you take on, the more people ask you to do. Do they really think you want to do it? They cant possibly think its because you have nothing else to do...cause you have the 50 other things they have already asked you to do. But, forget about them, the question is - why is it so hard for us to just say "NO."

I don't know about you, but when I say no, I then go through the guilt thing or I always say no, with a "but I will try"...or "if I can get done with this, then..." I want to be able to say no kindly and leave it at just that, then walk away with a smile on my face feeling good because I protected my best interest instead of granting everyone else's. Do you feel me?

So, with this new challenge being on the forefront of my mind, I took on yesterday and today with a new attitude...any boy it feels good! WOW, didn't know you could get such joy out of turning people down (LOL). No, the joy comes from not overburdening yourself with someone else's work, troubles, assignments, issues or problems, or whatever it may be. It feels good to sort of stand up for yourself and be okay with saying no to something you may not really want to do or feel like doing. And you know what - its okay to say no. We know your superwoman, but you don't have to take it all on, all of the time.

With that said, I challenge all of you out there to take on the "just say NO" attitude and if you really don't want to do it or really just don't feel like doing it this time, then exercise your God giving right to "just say NO."

No comments:

Post a Comment