Sunday, March 14, 2010

Peace of Mind is Priceless



A wise woman once told me, well actually she has told me several times, that "peace of mind is priceless." A girlfriend of mine is going through a divorce. Because she is the main bread winner in the family, she stands to be on the loosing end (financially) when the divorce is said and done should her husband choose to fight her for it, and it appears that he is going to do just that. So, she asks "should I stay to keep the money I earned and the things that were bought with my money or do I let it all go to be happy?"

15 years ago my answer would have been FIGHT. Fight till the end with all your might, don't give him anything and don't let him take anything. If that means staying with him technically, but not wholeheartedly - then whatever it takes.

However, now that I am a little older and hopefully, a little more wiser my answer is quite different. I say, let it go. "Peace of mind is priceless." We spend our lives working to get material things and to acquire the finer things in life. Money and things come and go. But, at the end of the day when its all said and done, none of it means anything if your not happy and don't have peace.

So I ask all of you women out there, do you have peace of mind? If not, maybe its time to clear the clutter, re-prioritize your life and get rid of some stuff or someone. You deserve to be happy...whatever that means to and for you and if that means letting go, then let go.

Wishing that you all find peace ~

No comments:

Post a Comment